Today Mike found his spot and made plans to put the dredge in this week. The river's still running too high so he'll be on the near bank for now. Here's some pics of Elk Creek just down the hill from our campsite. The one on the left is upstream, the other downstream.
I loaded Skype voice over IP (VOIP) on my PC and was able to chat with and hear my friend in Phoenix. I need to get a headset/microphone to be able to talk myself. It's a better connection than the phone, and no minutes burned or cost with other Skype users. It's easy to download, check it out and we can chat! My user name is Aliceinwld.
I worked on a book today, using some of the marbled paper I made in 2006 at the paper marbling and bookbinding class at John C. Campbell Folk School. In the evening, I practiced my recorder (to the chagrin of my neighbors - I should have brought the alto or tenor).
On his trip to Medford earlier in the weekend, Mike had picked up some herbs and tomato plants. So, I dug a little area next to the gazebo and planted them. The earth is rich and there's good sun, so we'll see if I have a green thumb.
Mike picked up some brauts on the way home that he grilled outside and I fixed his favorite, macaroni and cheese and we had a light dinner. We're watching the new Andromeda Strain tonight. A good holiday!
No comments:
Post a Comment