Today I started on my first altered book, or more accurately, altered page. I wanted to experiment with some of the materials I'd never used; gesso, modge podge, and acrylic paints.
It was great fun. I used some paper from a couple of lawn wind ornaments I had bought for our yard. I found a chapter title in a book that said "Summer Days" in an old-fashioned script. I added embellishments of dried leaves, moss, sand and a bit of stone. I did a cutout around the flower and then layered a "tennis net" over it and some tennis balls. I'm hooked! Here's the result:
We were hot again today and the campground is having electrical problems resulting in lower than required voltage. I worked outside most of the day and the problems are suppose to be corrected by Monday.
Mike picked up his dredge - it fills the back of his long-bed truck. The seller included a pair of gloves so he just needs a hood and wet suit (Father's Day hint!) to get into the water. I'll be surfing the internet see what we can find. He spent most of the day learning how it works and getting hints and advice on dredging. We both were able to indulge our creative sides!
No comments:
Post a Comment