Mike left early this morning to go into Medford and do some shopping. The trip to Shasta Lake was cancelled due to bad weather so we'll have to catch up with Cory in June. While he was away, I had the place to myself. The campground was quiet because it was a windy, drizzly day. I lollygagged around the house in the morning, organizing our "shower closet" - the shower is too small to use easily, so we have a shelving unit in it and use it for all our clothing. I roasted some peppers and garlic on the outdoor grill while raking up the leaves and pinecones from our parking area. After a hot shower, I put a roast in the crockpot and then sat in the gazebo practicing my flutes. I'm working out the intro to the Eagles tune.
Mike returned about 5pm with a carload of stuff - I should know better than send him off alone! We now have a weed wacker, for the grass around our spot, 2 small inflatable boats (one for backup), lots of rope, pulleys, locks and chains and assorted hardware. There were even a few groceries in there, the biscotti cookies from Costco being most appreciated ;-)
Tomorrow Mike might try out the boat in a calm area of the river to get his sea legs. He plans to paddle across the river with a rope and then haul his dredge to the far side. Most dredgers don't bother going across to the other side and it will be relatively safe there as well. He just needs to paddle across to "work" each day.
It's good to spend a few hours apart because we enjoy seeing each other again and sharing our day. Life is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment