After that pleasant find, I stopped in at the 49er's office. I helped with some filing and then figured out how to print labels for them, with some pretty old software (they are using Q&A, like Dad had at his office). It felt good to help out and be appreciated for it. I still love playing office. I guess I'm just not ready for full retirement yet.
Mike found a 4" dredge that he'll pick up on Saturday. With it, he'll be able to go out in the river, in a wet suit, and suck up the dirt on the bedrock under the water. I promise to have pictures in the near future. I've got a wet suit too (thanks, KC!) so both of us will be splashing around.
The weather turned warm (we were in the upper 90's today!) and it's brought the water level up at least a foot with the snow melt. One prospector said it looked like being on the edge of the Pacific. He'd gotten some nice flakes of gold doing some vacuuming the crevices where some other prospectors had been digging last year.
Here's a little lesson for you. A "miner" is someone that's found gold - a "prospector" is someone who's looking for it. As the saying goes, life's a journey and not a destination.
No comments:
Post a Comment