Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Music to my ears


Today it drizzled in the early morning and was just under 80 degrees all day. A very welcomed change. I got the email accounts setup at the 49ers and then went looking around town.

The Antique store next door had a 1952 Presentation edition of "Give the Lady What She Wants! - The Story of Marshall Field & Company". It had lots of great black and white drawings that I plan to use in the book art projects I'm working on. I checked in out on Amazon and it might have been a collector's item in good condition. It will live on in a different way now.

This evening, and every Tuesday night, the campground has an Open Mic night in the Rec room. Our neighbor is a good guitar player with an extensive repertoire and his wife has an electric percussion machine. There were a couple of other guitar players, a bass player and I demonstrated the Native American flute. It will be something to look forward to each week and a way to get to know some people around town. I enjoy listening to live music , I even did a little dancing :-)

No comments: