I don't think I'll ever do my own cooking show but I sure could give some hints on cooking with limited tools! The RV has a 3 burner gas stove that fits 3 small pans in a pinch. The oven below has yet to be turned on and is used to store pots and pans. That leaves the toaster oven for baking. We've also got a small outdoor table grill and a microwave. Tonight's dinner was biscuits and sausage gravy (I married a Southerner, what can I say) and some scrambled eggs on the side. I'll blame it on the toaster oven, but the biscuits turned out a little like hockey pucks. I'm still trying to figure out the best settings for baking. I've only got one small frying pan that I used for the sausage gravy so the eggs were whipped up in a corning ware baking dish. Keep in mind this is all done in about 3 square feet of space!
Mike was out digging most of the day so his appetite was good and he cleaned his plate. The ground where he's digging is quite hard and rocky and he's aching from the effort. Good thing the showers here are hot!
Other people are gradually showing up in the campground. Mostly big Class C rigs (those are all-in-one RVs that you drive and can haul a small vehicle behind).

Yesterday our youngest granddaughter was 2 months old. The picture is from her first week. It's hard to not be near to see her more often. Her Mom tells us she's sleeping through the night already.
There's a couple in camp with two little ones, about 21 months and 9 months old. They have their own enclosed porch outside their mobile home where they can play during the day. They will be a handful as they both get to running about.
Yesterday we picked up our first mail package. It's from our hometown post office and is sent once a week with the past week's worth of mail. The nice part is that the junk mail is not sent so we get just the first-class that we need and magazine subscriptions. So we have all the comforts of home up here without the 100 degree heat!
No comments:
Post a Comment