
Today was the big parade down main street. You can check out the video on the Happy Camp Chamber website on the Calendar page. I got to ride in the 2nd place winner, "American Moms" float. We had "American Pie" blasting on the boom box and threw candies to the kids.
I was touched as we moved down the street at all the faces I recognized of the people I've met here in Happy Camp. It's been a wonderful place to live for a time and I know I'll remember it fondly.
This afternoon I scrubbed down the dredge parts (I do love to clean!) and after a long, hot shower and dinner I took a ride up Elk Creek road to a lookout point. The road gets very narrow and the edge isn't too stable but the little Matrix does fine. And the pics below made it worth it. We have been so lucky to live in such a beautiful place.


No comments:
Post a Comment