Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Friday, September 5, 2008

Capturing Nature


I finally got some pics of the hummingbirds feeding, not great, but pretty good without a super zoom lens. And I made another drive up Elk Creek Road, hoping to see Cougar Falls and Sulfur Springs. I found both roads but after a couple of miles on each it was plain the low slung Matrix wasn't going to make it and I turned back.
I did get some snaps of the East Fork of Elk Creek and the sun setting on the trees.


I also saw a bear scoot up the side of a hill from the road. When I stopped to take pictures it was so quiet I thought I could hear the trees breathe. We humans are so small.


No comments: