Out on a morning walk, I noticed a man driving around in a large orange box with windows and horizontal legs that crabbed across the landscape cutting the grass and thought to myself, "that man spends his day in a big orange box, while I…." and then one of those newer SUVs drove by with the new squared off design, and the driver inside sporting a determined grimace as she rode off into her morning commute. And I thought that we all spend a lot of time in boxes.
We drive in our car box to our office box where we sit in front of our computer box and work our in-box. We drive home, maybe stopping at a store box, then on to our house box where we empty our mail box and sit and watch the TV box with food from the ice box. And in the end, we end up in a six foot box.
But the world isn't made of boxes. It's a flowing, undulating stream of irregular shapes and complicated living things as far as the eye can see.
Maybe it's time to do some out-of-the-box living.
[I wrote this a few years ago and since we've been living in a box for several months, I thought I'd share it!]
No comments:
Post a Comment