It's probably old hat for some of my readers, but it's all new to this city girl! After mashing and cooking the fruit, Mike helped me suspend it in cheesecloth so the juice could drain into a bowl. Tomorrow I'll pour off the juice, add the pectin and fix it up in jars.
My teacher is also artistic and was working on a driftwood bench she made from wood collected in Crescent City, on the coast. When she finishes it, I'll post a picture.
Monday this week I drove into Yreka to meet my sister, brother-in-law, niece and nephew for dinner on their way to Ashland to attend the Shakespeare festival. We had good food at the Black Bear Restaurant. I spent the night in Yreka so I could do some research at the Siskiyou Historical Society Museum. They have a wealth of material on the area going back to the late 1800's.
For lunch I drove into Ashland to visit with my sister some more (can't resist getting to see family) and after yummy food and ice cream, drove back to Happy Camp.
There was a small fire outside of Saied Valley with 3 or 4 helicopters overhead and lots of fire fighter vehicles traveling the road. It's a beautiful drive and I notice new spots each time.
Here's a shot of the mountains in the distance that I took on my way out on Monday.
No comments:
Post a Comment