
Today we went to Cave Junction, Oregon so I could see the Illinois Valley Quilt Show. The quilters from around the area displayed about 100 quilts. Quite a show. Check out the slideshow on my blog to see all the beautiful quilts.
It's a craft I would like to get into but its not practical in my current setting. Part of the admission was a free gift, a pattern and fabric to make a quilted pincushion. Now that I can do here!
I met tonight with a local resident who is willing to maintain the Happy Camp Chamber website. I want to get it turned over before we leave.
After the meeting I had dinner at the regular Friday night Art Council gathering. There's a couple who ran an art "gallery" that split up and now have separate organizations. I don't know which half operates the dinner but it's good food, usually vegetarian, fresh and adventurous so since Mike was happy with leftovers from our trip to town I indulged.
The smoke has returned tonight. The forest service is containing fires by surrounding a couple of large ones so the burn into each other in the wilderness. It's a bit controversial for the Indian tribes because its in an area they consider sacred land, one of many such places up here. The winds should clear out the smoke again in a few days. The evening sun glows a bright orange-red through the smoke.
This week is usually the hottest one of the year for Happy Camp and we've been seeing it get to 100 degrees during the day. I went down to the swimming hole yesterday to cool off. Clear and refreshing and no need to add chlorine! The water is about 3 feet deep and runs over smooth rocks so it's great for a midday dip.

We've been seeing the hummingbirds at our feeder outside the dining table window but I haven't managed to get a picture yet. They go through the nectar like kids slurping shakes!
No comments:
Post a Comment