Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Jellies and jigsaws

This morning after Mike took off to do some sampling on the ridge above his dredge, I got down to jelly making. Keep in mind I have one saucepan and one large pot so the logistics were challenging and when the jelly boiled over, I had sauce oozing over the stove top. Good thing it's a small space and cleans up quick! Here's the results of today's canning. Not bad for a newbie!

I got the laundry done and some cleaning in the rig and made a (strange) chili relleno dish for dinner that turned out to be jalapeno flavored cornbread. Won't be doin' that again!

My fellow camper finished her driftwood chair and I think it's very stylish. It goes together like a jigsaw puzzle from pieces she gathered on the beach. It's bolted together with heavy duty screws and the seat and foot rest are painted 2x6 pieces. She'll take it back home when she leaves and preserve it with a clear deck stain.




Oh, I got a lift to the laundry mat on the camp host's golf cart, that puppy really zooms along! All in a day at Happy Camp.

No comments: