Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Night on the Town

This weekend I went into Ashland, Oregon for a girl's night out. I wanted to see a play at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival and do some window shopping. I drove in Sunday and saw "Comedy of Errors' done in a Western theme in the outdoor theatre. It was a hoot! Before the play is "The Green Show" a free performance on the green outside which featured a blues and jazz singer. Great fun!
The play was well done and despite being in the farthest most balcony seat, I could hear every word and see fine!

I enjoyed dinner at Louie's Bar and Grill (the fries with garlic and feta cheese were yummy) and had brunch Monday at Morning Glory - look at that bagel with scrambled egg, pesto, tomato and melted brie). My DH called and wished me a good night and regretted not coming into town with me. He's such a sweetheart.

I returned via the U.S. 96 Scenic Byway - about a 100 mile drive from door to door. It felt like coming home when I saw the Happy Camp valley.

No comments: