Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Everyday isn't vacation

6/12/2018 Fairbanks, Alaska

Just so you don't think every day we're out enjoying ourselves, a little bit of real life does creep in.
Today while Mike was out in Central (that's a town), Alaska doing some prospecting, I spent the day taking an online Defensive Driving course.  I got ticketed for going too slow through the lagging left hand turn at Scottsdale and McDowell back in April.  It was either pay the fine ($335!) and get points or take the class ($225) and no points.  Easy choice.

Fortunately, Mike has a Verizon mi-fi and we've got a great signal, so I had connectivity all day.
It was a good lesson and I'll pay closer attention to driving.  I was *not* on my phone, thank goodness!

On the way out to the spot for prospecting, Mike ran into a bit of white stuff.  He got a bit of gold at a gold prospecting place on the way. 
snow on the way to Central
We had an easy dinner and an early night.  The computer was on all evening to get a Windows update.  As I said, real life.

No comments: