This morning started off early as Mike went out on a fishing charter and I went for a national wildlife tide pool walk. We were given an 8 1/2 x 11 card with ocean critters to identify and walked down the beach to explore the pools. It wasn't a very low tide but we did see some burrowing anemones and crab exoskeletons and sea fleas. I got my shoes soaked (oops, no boots!). It was a nice walk on a glorious sunny day.
| our spot at Homer Spit Campground |
Mike got back about 1:30 pm and caught his limit, 2 big ol' halibut! We'll have fresh fish to eat for awhile!
![]() |
| Mike halibut catch |
I picked him up at the boat dock and after dinner we walked around the shops on the Home "spit" - a long finger of land that juts out into the Katchemak Bay. The whole area is filling up with people for the 4th of July holiday so we're leaving before then.

No comments:
Post a Comment