Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Home Fever

I took a ride into Cave Junction today for some groceries and gas and to trade in our summer reading at the Book Exchange. It's a hour and a half drive over Grayback, as the locals refer to it; a twisty, turning road that takes you from the river level in Happy Camp, CA up and over the mountain to Cave Junction, Oregon.

The ride is beautiful, lots of tall pine and fading summer flowers and even a few trees starting to turn to fall colors. But, I have to admit, I'm yearning for bigger vistas - the long stretch of the desert and cholla cactus and Arizona sunsets. There's no place like home.

No comments: