The price of gas has curtailed our plans to do a lot of sightseeing. But, we refuse to let it get us down and it is great to be able to enjoy the outdoors and set our own schedules after years of answering to bosses. Mike's enjoying the dredging and prospecting and I've enjoyed volunteering in the area. The Happy Camp Chamber of Commerce web site was launched this weekend (check out www.happycampchamber.com). I built it for them using Go Daddy's Web Site Tonight service - pretty cool. All comments, suggestions and corrections are welcome!
Yesterday I began a new project. I'm researching mining methods for some articles on the 49er's web site. I went to Yreka, about 70 miles east and poked around the county library and historical society. Both have a wealth of information that will be fun to explore. I took the back road as it was slightly shorter and got a picture of one of the 4 bridges that cross the Shasta River on Highway 46 . I'll be seeing more of this road as I will need to go into Yreka a few more times for the research.
So, there are more reasons to be happy than annoyed as is true I guess for most of us and I'll keep sharing the best of our times here, with a few gripes now and then to keep it balanced.
No comments:
Post a Comment