Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Confessions of a Sloth

I hate exercising. Ok, maybe that's too strong but I really dislike it. I don't like getting sweaty. It's unproductive as I have nothing to show for it but aches and pains and dusty shoes. Whine, whine, whine. But, I'm a grown-up and have taken the approach of getting it over with every day so I can do the things I want. It does get easier to get up the hill every day on my morning walk. I've taken to listening to podcasts from NPR as I walk for a distraction. Works quite well! I am rewarded here with leafy, green views, dragonflies and wildflowers. I guess it's like housework for the body - and I hate a dirty house ;-)


No comments: