Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Friday, July 4, 2008

Garden Delights

What is it about we humans that makes us want to decorate the space around us? In our little corner of the campground I've added touches to our surroundings and I don't see any hope of stopping. The first month I bought a couple of flower whirlywigs that twirl in the breeze. The little girl across the path likes them and they're a bright patch when walking back from the laundry.

Late in May Mike got some tomato plants and they're starting to get blossoms now. I've got some cilantro and sage growing with them too. A tiny little garden.

Today, the 4th of July, I bought a carved wooden twirly bird because it reminded me of the wooden lawn ornaments that my maternal grandpa made. A good way to celebrate.

I hope you all have delights to share and remind you of someone you love.

No comments: