Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Sunday, July 27, 2008

country pleasures



Sometimes it's the little things that make it fun to be out in the country.

i've grown herbs before but never tomatoes! This is a picture of my first and if the critters don't get it, it'll be ripe in a few weeks. Yummy!

The bowl of blackberries came from the bushes out on the river where we're dredging. These will probably go with some ice cream or pancakes but if I get a bunch I might make up some jam.

Sunday nights are potlucks in the campground. Tonight was smoked turkey. I made some tortilla pinwheels and carrot cake cupcakes (though some of them had to stay home for the hungry guy!).

I hung up the hummingbird feeder but haven't seen any yet. It's right outside the dining room window so I hope to snap some close-ups.

Tomorrow its back out to the river and some dredging in a new spot. Have a relaxing Sunday evening.

No comments: