We traveled from Rapid City, South Dakota to Cody, Wyoming today, leaving the plains behind and entering the Rocky Mountains. Spectacular views with the snow capped mountains rising out of the plains up to 11,000 feet. I was awestruck. Every time I think I've seen the most wonderful part of the U.S., another amazing site unfolds. The miles of uninhabited land stretching to the horizon strikes me dumb (which is a good thing!) Mike is worn out from the long drive and is so patient with me asking to stop every time a new vista needs to be captured.
We're camped tonight at the Buffalo Bill State Park, about 5 miles outside of Cody on the lake behind the dam on the Shoshone River. It was 68 degrees when we arrived but will probably drop into the 40's tonight. We can see snow-capped mountains in the distance on the far side of the lake. Am I a spoiled lady or what?
Tomorrow we head into Yellowstone National Park where we have 3 nights reservation at Fishing Bridge Campground. We won't have much cell or internet service there so we'll catch up on Sunday.I
1 comment:
Waking up to a view like that? You are definitely spoiled! Awesome pics.
Post a Comment