Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Feels like home

We arrived in Lancaster County, PA last night and I explored the shops and farms today.  It's fun to Christmas shop in May!  I have to pace myself because everything has to fit in the TC and space is at a premium.  I'm collecting pictures and tiny mementos and had to pass on the lawn ornaments and hand-crafted furniture.  There are miles of manicured farms and meticulously cared-for lawns and homes. I love the hard-working atmosphere and pride of ownership evident in this area.  We went out for smorgasbord last night and had more tonight. The food reminded me of things my Mom and Nana made.  I had Pennsylvania Dutch potato salad and coleslaw, cucumber salad, pork and beef roast and moon pies!  Oh, and we both enjoyed Birch Beer - PA root beer, yummy! We stocked up on some cheeses and meats and canned goods for the rest of the trip.  We'll be working our way West across Ohio, Illinois and Indiana this weekend.  I'll keep in touch!

No comments: