Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Friday, May 7, 2010

My oh, my, Ohio

We've landed outside of Ravena, Ohio, at the West Branch State Park.  Beautiful peninsula surrounded by the reservoir.  When we drove up to our spot there was a woodchuck (I had to ask Mike what it was) ambling by the fire pit - it looked like a giant hamster!  We settled in and Mike was able to fix the recalcitrant jack (thanks to Steve's suggestion to look for a loose wire).  No more manually lowering that one jack!  It's so great to have a husband that can fix anything!

We stopped here because we plan to to go Chayuga National Park nearby tomorrow before heading over to Wright Patterson AFB for tomorrow night.  However, the park ranger came by an hour ago and said there's a tornado warning for the area so we're batting down the hatches and seeing what happens.  Not to worry, we're safe here.  Lovely lake views, cool weather and lots of leftover goodies from Lancaster County for dinner.
We lit a fire and watched some hawks circling over the lake as the flames died down.  I have to pinch myself, this is so wonderful!

I am working, we stopped at a rest stop for a conference call I had this afternoon and my Blackberry keeps me in touch with all my emails and tasks.  I've not been through the Midwest except via plane and I'm enjoying seeing the countryside, the houses and people.  We'll check in again tomorrow.

No comments: