Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Day One - Hawk Mountain

Early this morning Mike took the shuttle from the hostel along with about 20 other hikers to the beginning of the trail.  Everyone spreads out and hikes at their own pace so he was on his own for the eight or so miles to Hawk Mountain where he is stopping for the evening.  His new boots that he picked up at the Nantahala Outdoor Center are not giving him any problems and the weather was clear for a good first day of hiking.

He has his cell phone so a quick call provided me with an update.  So good to hear from him and know he's got a good start!

I'm keeping busy with work thought it feels like this sometimes. Being on my own, I'm indulging in movies on DVD.  I watched "Precious" last evening and have "A Serious Man" to watch tonight.  I may not hear from Mike now for several days as he goes out of the cell phone service area.  Stay tuned!

No comments: