Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

2010 Adventures

It's been a while since I've posted, we hunkered down for the holidays.  Today, Mike took off for his hike on the Appalachian Trail, a different twist on "prospecting".  He'll be seeking to thru-hike, from Georgia to Maine, which would take until mid-October. I'll be tracking the weather and conditions along the way using the Appalachian data base site - check out the URL name, cute!

He has our small "house on wheels" the Truck Camper or TC.  He's added air springs to smooth out the ride and a hauling rack on the back for gas and the generator.  The golf clubs and high-banker went too, fall back alternatives.

I'm holding down the fort here at home until the weather gets hot is the plan.  Stay tuned!

No comments: