Mike has decided on a new venture, barbecuing and smoking on an outdoor grill. We picked up a smoker/barbecue combo and he's chopped a pile of cedar to go in it. We've been watching the "Diners and Dives" food network show and have some ideas for cooking. Watch out!
I am enjoying volunteering, it's a nice balance of sociability in town and solitude at home. I pick up a little more history of this place each week. The town has been around since the gold rush in the 1800's so there's a lot to cover.
The butterflies are coming out and I hear hummingbirds zip by every once in a while. I plan on getting a feeder the next trip into town.
I have a teeny garden, 2 tomato plants and some herbs. No fruit on the vine yet but tomatoes would be welcome with the recent scare.
I got the cutest ever picture of our grandbaby who just rolled over for the first time. We sure miss seeing her.
Time to watch the Top 10 films show.
No comments:
Post a Comment