Today we went out to check on Mike's dredge out on the river. He took it down the side of the cliff yesterday and anchored it to some boulders. Here's where he'll be doing some dredging practice for the next week. Click on the slideshow link to the right for an album of photos from the spot.
I'll be crevicing - scraping up sand and loose gravel from the crevices in the rocks where the water flowed over in the past - and running the dirt through a sluice box. Lots of fun!
We've had a bear in camp the past few nights. Some folks shot at it to scare it away as it got into their freezer. The forest service won't trap it, says it's a known problem. I'm more scared of the shooters.
Today being June 1st, the rent was due - $275 for the space and $43 for last month's electric. About $10/day with full hook-ups. I helped the camp host hook up their new printer to their PC and dropped off some old books that the used bookstores wouldn't take. I snagged a Reader's Digest condensed in trade that will make an interesting altered book.
For those of you who bet I wouldn't last a month, here I am!
No comments:
Post a Comment