Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Old Town San Diego

Monday while Mike hung out at the TC I took off on the trolley (a train really) to Old Town San Diego.  I was heading to the huge shopping mall downtown but opted to spend the day exploring the little shops, eateries and museums in Old Town.  The trolley is only $5 to ride all day and goes to Tijuana on the border out to the valley.
Mission San Diego station

The weather was perfect and very relaxing to just wander from shop to shop.  I didn't take many pictures. The Selby Stables were a restored transport business that moved passengers and packages across the West.  The wagons were like todays hummers and I'm sure an uncomfortable ride across desert trails.
   I wonder what kind of succulent this blackish purple plant is - my lighting was poor, it was really almost black.

I headed back home and we had leftovers for dinner and watched some TV.  Tuesday it's suppose to rain so we'll have to find some indoor entertainment.

No comments: