After our long trip (10,000 miles) in May we took a break for the summer until we couldn't stand the heat. So in August, I escaped to Sarasota Florida for some beach time. The statue there commemorates the "kiss" from the end of WWII. With my good friend, KC, and her Mom and family we visited Spanish Pointe and toured Shelby Gardens. We enjoyed grouper sandwiches, long sunsets and visited a sailboat built by hand as done in the past, by KC's cousin. It was a great break from the Arizona heat.
While I was with the girls, Mike chose to take the truck camper to the desert and try out the sifter he built for processing the dirt. He had a good site and did well in his prospecting.
My work picked up in late August and I had to do some traveling that ended me up in Washington DC before Labor Day. I took the opportunity to fly to Raleigh and visit my sister, Mary Beth and her family. We had a wonderful weekend shopping and eating before I returned to home to Phoenix for our next adventure.
No comments:
Post a Comment