Adventure

It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power" Alan Cohen

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Back to the trail

Mike struck out again this morning from where he left off last week.  He had some big climbs to make, lot of uphills and downhills and made it to Whitley Gap Shelter.  He'll be out on the trail this week, aiming to get back to Hiawasee for the Masters golf finale.  He's been spotting falcons riding the thermal... its much warmer weather in the mountains now and he left the clothes for cold weather back in the TC.   While he's gone, I'm getting some house projects orchestrated.  The outside of the house is getting a new paint job and I'm hoping to have the sprinkler system updated.
We had a nice family Easter dinner here and an Easter Egg hunt. I love seeing my nieces and nephew laughing and running around to find the eggs their Mom and Dad hid in the yard. B.'s a big scooter rider and the girls are soooo pretty! Dad and Marilyn brought some beautiful flowers I'm so lucky to have such a great family!

No comments: